After a long time away from this blog, I’d like to revisit a topic I love and you should as well: the Minnesota Fringe Festival. This year, it’s happening from August 1st through 11th.
So now is the perfect time to see a show! Fringe always offers a wide variety of live theatre. In other words, something for everyone. If you don’t actually know what Fringe is, I have a nice introductory post about it here.
Top 5 reasons you’ll love Fringe:
1. It brings people together. A sense of community is very powerful, and Fringe helps foster that togetherness.
2. Volunteering. Each year, hundreds of people volunteer for Fringe and have a great time doing it!
3. Newsworthy. Fringe gets a lot of press and spreads the word about the performing arts.
4. New Talent. Fringe allows talented performers, both perennial favorites and rising newcomers to show off their abilities.
5. 20 years! This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Minnesota Fringe Festival and it’s still going strong.
With everything from comedies and dramas to musicals and many other forms of theatre, what are you waiting for? Check out www.FringeFestival.org for more information and to choose a show (or three) to enjoy!